Sunday, March 1, 2009

Epiphany

So, today at work, I came to notice something. When people are friendly they want something in return. Actually no, that not what I noticed. I saw an RCG today, and it reminded me of another person. Damn were they cute. sitting with a bunch of Asian Girls. mmmmhmm. Yeah work totally sucked today, I thought i had work from 630-1130, but my boss called me at 545 asking why i wasnt there yet? Shit! By the time i got into work it was 6. Other than that tonight was just SUPER busy like no other. I was visited by a couple of old Friends, which helped the night go a lot faster than it already was. That is true, time flies when youre having fun. As so there I was ringing the whole night, not able to converse with my co-worker. Grrr, hate it when that happens. Now is 1015 and she and I have not had our 30 minute breaks. Im thinking if i get on break at 1030 ill be back 11, then she goes and comes back at 1130. Damn I'm going to have to stay longer. Shit! 

Now I had realized now that im going to be at work until closing. So I made the most of it. Other than that, Ugh nothing. Oh, there's this CUTIE like no other that works next door. Damn Sexy, but I should'nt holler. Oh and my boss bought me Fries. So bad for me, and so I ate half. hehe. Gotta watch that figure. btdubs, thanks to Davey Wavey for workout videos. And so the night goes on. I'm already looking forward to when i get off. 

Now some intellect, 
"People seem to enjoy things more when they know a lot of other people have been left out of the pleasure." - 
Russell Baker

We definitely find pleasure in things that we have and others dont. Take fashion for example, we want the style that no one has. As individuals, we push things to where we have to be the best in everything. That's just how we work. If they have it, you dont want it. We want what others cant have. Like people, we want that person we cant have. We want it more because its a chase. Its that thrill of trying to catch something that motivates us to do things. If there was no gain, would we still be trying to abtain it? No. 

It angers us when we see other people have the finer things in life that we want. Take for example, youre driving, in an okay Honda, not old and you see next to you a Brand new BMW. Damn, dont you hate that other person now? That's how we are, Envy is one of the most driven sins that we condone in. Just take everything as a sign. If you get all the finer things now, what is there to look for. yeah, you cant use it when youre older but there will always be something bigger, better, and something you want more then the previous edition. Take things as they come, dont splurge, use what you have, No more, No less.

No comments:

Post a Comment