Monday, May 18, 2009

PRIDEful.

As I stood on the side walk as the parade passed on. I took a moment to gaze upon each new face that surrounded me. Took each moment, breathtakingly. A smile on each face--drunk or what not. but still, a smile on each face. A warm feeling each presence gave as everyone came together for one occasion. A prideful event to share with each different individual. Happily standing there I saw two parents, from PFLAG. What an amazing parents. But the thing that really caught my eye was that they were two ASIAN parents. I mean, how rare do you see that, a stereotype of asians are that they are usually conservative and down to the nitty gritty with morals. They were proud parents of their child. A smile on their face showing everybody in the crowd that they were proud of their son or daughter even if they were gay or lesbian. 

As the parades went on Cornelius and I walked among crowds with a nod a cheerful smile. As the parade came to a conclusion we walked with everyone to one place. The gates to LB PRIDE `09. 

Music was flaring, shirts were off, alcohol was being drank. But still, an environment where everybody had a smile on their face. It was addiciting to catch each smile. Young, old, fat, skinny, muscular, black, white, asian, latino. Everyone was engaging in the act. Not a frown was seen. 

A few familiar faces were seen. A smile and hug was traded. But all in all. It was an amazing day. As the hours flew by, dancing took most of our time. The cutest part was when Cornelius and I went to the COUNTRY booth, were they were line dancing. It was so cute, almost like a choreography out of a movie. People weren't afraid to dance with strangers. 

It grew tiring as the time passed. Tired and worn out from all the dancing, walking, and might I say Drinking, we went to the House music once again. The rythm and the boom of the music just pumped every single body there with plethora of adrenaline. As my feet could not take any more we left. By the time we got home. I was DONE. a successful evening with my best friend and an amazing group of people. It's a shame to wait one more year for another event in LB. But hey, there's always LA and SD. :)

of course with smile. :)
GEOANGELO

2 comments:

  1. i was there yesterday too! I'm glad you had fun.

    - Stephanie Chai (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was going to go to pride. since i've never been, but i had a pageant to attend to that saturday.

    -marc

    ReplyDelete