Monday, May 4, 2009

THE KEY

A wise man once said, 
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

That's definitely true, as the nights pass on-- doing shows, dancing, working, and going to school (thank god I'm not putting maintaining a good relationship on that.) I look back and think, was this all just for me? Why did I decide to do these things? For my future, Nope. It's all for other people. Well, a huge percentage is.

Take doing shows, yes, dance captain is great, but who truly benefits from this? Not I. I go to rehearsals knowing the distance it takes to get to the studio, time it takes to teach a dance number and effort it takes to put things aside when shows come and go. I get nothing in return, a great big whoping "thanks, good job."

All these things are all mainly to please another person. School for my folks. I can't even choose my own major. Is my life truly carved for me to already walk? I'm just walking and following the maps my folks have drawn out for me. 

Take time to do this to please yourself. Love yourself. Think, is this making me happy or just other people. Yeah the limelight is great, but are you Happy? Think about it. A person can not possibly please every person in spite of their own happiness. People will take you for granted. Don't be afraid to say, "NO."

Make yourself Happy. Find self-satisfaction. Its easier to succeed in pleasing oneself, than an audience. Do your best, if it doesn't well? SCREW THE OTHER PERSON! At least you have your dignity. :)

Put a smile on. It'll be worth it . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment